The Foundation For Infant Massage
and Family Bonding
The Foundation for Infant Massage and Family Bonding was established in 1996 by Evelyn Guyer, RN, BSN, CE. The goal of the Foundation is a commitment to educate professionals and families alike in the power of appropriate, nurturing touch through-out the continuum of family life.
Professionals are choosing to become Certified Infant Massage Bonding Educators (CIMBEs) to refine their skills in working with families. Childbirth Educators, nurses, PT's, OT's, MT's, early intervention specialists, speech therapists, social workers, doulas, lactation consultants, community health workers and others, have seen the positive changes in attachment bonding.
Research studies confirm the importance of nurturing touch in the healthy growth and development of infants and children (Field) as well as the physical and emotional growth of youngsters (Patton and Gardner).
According to Dr. William Sears, "a nurturing relationship attuned to the child's needs" fosters a strong foundation for trust, security and independence. This kind of response effects the child's social and cognitive development (Homeier). If infants are not supported and have low levels of touch and human attention, there will be "negative" effects on brain development (Palmer) in infancy and in their future brain development.
COURSE CONTENT INCLUDES:
- Prenatal attachment, its effect on the new family, and bonding in utero is studied. Fetal development as it relates to the senses of the newborn are outlined.
- An introduction to a few simple massage strokes on dolls prior to birth are demonstrated.
- The importance of bonding and attachment by nurturing touch post- birth are discussed as emphasized by significant research studies.
- The benefits of Infant Massage are stressed and ways to meet the changing needs of the child as he or she grows are addressed.
- A basic primer for complete baby and child care as a resource for instructors is introduced.
- Attachment parenting principles are reviewed.
- Basic parenting styles following the continuum of family life are included.
- Support systems for the family are enumerated and tools of family dynamics that are loving, appropriate and consistent are introduced.
- Stress reduction ideas for the modern family environment are outlined.
- During the training, teaching practicums concentrate on Prenatal Bonding classes, Infant Massage classes and family dynamics in parent education.
- Marketing strategies as it relates to advertising classes in prenatal bonding, infant massage and family dynamics are offered.
- An examination study is completed on-site and participants are awarded their certification as a CIMBE (Certified Infant Massage Bonding Educator).
- With the permission of the certified instructors, complimentary advertising on this Web site is immediately initiated.
P.O. Box 654
Brooksville, Florida 34605
©2005 Evelyn Guyer - Used by Permission.
Last Updated: Dec 14, 2017